Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Amazing coastal residents!

Well, today Mom and I saw something I've never seen before and it was just incredible! We went to the lighthouse this morning, and there were hundreds of brown pelicans flying around. Numbers could actually be closer to 1000...It was like something out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie, there were so many! They were crowded on the rocks, (usually there are some there...more like 20-30) flying all around us, even coming close to the car as we parked on the headland road overlooking the lighthouse. I didn't have my camera, but as quite a few of them were still there tonight, I hope to get some pics tomorrow. I doubt there would be a repeat performance, but the memory of all those giant birds (wingspan 7 feet!) is one I won't soon forget. Also saw a whale, fairly close to shore, but I must admit, the pelicans beat him out for our attention. What a show!!!

Song of the day: "Fame" by Irene Cara (I could've made it "Jonathon Livingston Seagull", but that would be rediculous, eh?)

Work complaint of the day: HANG UP THAT STUPID CELL PHONE WHEN YOU GET TO THE COUNTER!!!!

No comments: