Thursday, October 9, 2008

Big birds everywhere!

This is about the best pic I could get of the pelicans. These guys were on the cliff face just below a walkway around the lighthouse. They are brown pelicans and have a wingspan of up to 7 feet! There were fewer today, but still quite a bunch of big birds! I hope they stick around for awhile, but who knows...could be all gone tomorrow. It's been an amazing ride this last couple days watching them.

Off to Air Supply tomorrow, regardless of the fact that I believe I have broken the 2nd toe of my right foot. The glass turntable from the microwave jumped out of my hands and landed right on my foot last night. It might only be a bad bruise, but it hurts like the dickens and I walk funny. I can wear my "ugly shoes" (crocs, for the uninitiated) cause they have a lot of toe room, but I don't think I can wear socks. I seem to be able to drive OK, so that's good. I'm just afraid I will bump it. Sheesh.

Song of the day: "I'd Do Anything" from Oliver

No comments: