Sunday, September 28, 2008

..and the children shall lead


...........................Graham Russell doing what he does so well......................


Well, 3 different times today I had Hispanic families come through my line and the parents did NOT speak English, so the children were translating for them. Nothing wrong with that, but what IS wrong is that all 3 groups were using food stamp cards to pay for their stuff. I'm a strong believer that anyone who is receiving government benefits in this country should have a working knowledge of the English language. It gripes me to no end that we are paying for these benefits with our hard earned tax money, and Oregon doesn't have a problem with giving these perks to folks who are not US citizens. (I certainly have a problem with that)

No comments: