Saturday, September 27, 2008

More bank confusion


Good stuff first. Picture is of the giant Japanese crabs that we have at the aquarium here. You can see by the hand in the pic just how big these guys are. (I'd hate to run across one in a dark alley....)


Song of the day: "When You Tell Me That You Love Me" (American Idol folks from a couple years back)


Cute moment of the day: A little kid ask me how come I had spots on my arms. (Freckles) LOL....


Strange world of airline ticketing: Now and then I check to see what tickets are for visiting Europe. I hadn't done it for awhile and was astounded to find that the fare from Seattle to London was $268!!! WOW!!!! Then I read the fine print. (always something bursting my bubble) I continued on to have all the taxes and fees added in. New grand total....$748!!! That is why I'm not visiting old castles at this moment.


Now...I was about ready to make plans for Vegas in the spring when I realized that with my bank having "issues", that could be a problem with reservations/tickets/etc. If the new owners keep our bank name and all that; no problem. If they were to change our cards and stuff, that might result in new numbers which would be frowned upon by people who want me to present the card I used to make the reservation or buy the concert tix. Sheesh. Guess I'd better sit tight until things settle. (The LV Hilton was especially vigilant in checking my ID and card for a concert ticket that had been purchased a couple months before)



No comments: