Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Vegas germs


Well, didn't exactly make it back to this site the "next day" as I had intended. Too much to think about with the vacation and stuff, then when I got home from said vacation, I was quite sick which took all the fun out of reporting what I'd seen and done. I brought the germ back to Oregon with me and promptly gave it to everyone at work. (sheesh)

I'll go into detail later, but for now the Air Supply concerts were great as always. The first night was a bit uncomfortable for all...Graham even commented on how they weren't quite "with it" yet that night. I think everyone was just holding their breath to see how the new band members would be received. By the 4th show, everyone was loving them! It was strange not to see Mike at drums, but CJ Burton is wonderful! He has quite a stage presence and he is a truly nice guy "off stage" as well. It took me a bit more time to adjust with the addition of a guitar...namely Janet Robin. I felt a couple of the songs were just "too much" with the extra guitar in there, but over all she is very good. Several of the other songs were much richer in sound having her there. She also is very nice, even when I admitted to her that at first I was a bit skeptical about her being there. (I told them both that they had won me over in the end, though.)

No comments: