Monday, January 12, 2009

Small town error

Well, I have a new printer courtesy of Staples.com. Did all kinds of research before deciding on the thing. So far I'm happy with it, even though it's much heavier than the old one was. I thought technology was supposed to make things smaller...not bigger. It prints good pics, but ya need an electronics degree to run the thing. I imagine I'll get used to it eventually.

Now...that's not why I am writing here. I'm writing to gripe about my local Staples store. I went in to pick up my printer and the girl behind the counter had apparently worked there for about 18 seconds or so. She kept running over to another girl for help...then would peck away at her keyboard for awhile...then run back to the other girl...you get the picture. After 3 or 4 runs like this, she asked me what I had ordered. I told her an Epson printer. She went to the other end of the counter where my Epson was in a big box, dragged the thing over and said "here it is". Never once did she ask for my name, order #, identification, blood type, or any other thing that might have proven that this was indeed my printer. I picked up my big box and left the store.
So...my point is anyone could've wandered into the store, saw my big box behind the counter, said "that's mine", and left with it. Perhaps this store doesn't get a lot of dotcom orders or something, and yes, this is a small town, but I strongly believe that they should have at least asked for my name!! Sheesh.

1 comment:

M2K said...

Maybe she didn't get the that page in her employee's manual yet....give her til she's been there about 30 seconds before you expect alot of her...lol. Sorry once again just kidding....